PETRONAS Lubricants International Sdn. Bhd (PLI) is a global oil lubricant business with operations in more than 20 countries worldwide, which includes manufacturing, marketing and distribution of high-end lubricants, transmission, anti-freeze and functional fluids for automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, agricultural tractors and earth moving machinery as well as for other industrial equipment. Commanding a global sales volume of about 625 million liters, PLI is also ranked amongst the top 15 lubricant companies globally. The company manages well over 30 different brand names and categories among them, Syntium, Sprinta, Selenia, Urania, Paraflu and Tutela to name a few; premium products brands like Syntium, are even specifically engineered using race-proven Formula One technology developed through PETRONAS’ longstanding involvement in motor sports. Our products are positioned in the high value-added segment with sales arising from innovative semi-synthetic and synthetic lubricants. PLI also maintains technical and commercial relationships with several major OEM partners worldwide.
Accountable and responsible for the overall management of the Legal, Corporate Governance and Corporate Secretarial functions of PLISB and its Group of companies.
1. Analyze and recommend the development of legal strategies for commercial agreements and arrangements through the process of legal perusal and drafting of commercial agreements and legal documentation and the provision of legal advice to preserve the PLI Group's business objectives and to ensure that the commercial requirements are clearly expressed and achieved.
2. Participate in the capacity of lead and advisory role in negotiations of commercial agreements and projects including merger and acquisition activities towards achieving the best negotiated commercial objectives for the PLI Group.
3. Perform the function of Company Secretary for PLISB and the overall management of the company secretarial portfolio of PLISB and its Group of Companies.
4. Management of ligitation cases, engagement of external lawyers and oversee the planning and development of case management by external lawyers in pursuing or defending claims to enforce and protect PLISB Group's legal rights.
5. Analyse and recommend the development of legal protection strategies for PLISB's intellectual property assets encompassing licensing issues within the PLI Group and with third parties, brand management and use of trademarks, domain names and website management, protection of confidential information and trade secrets and the protection and management of industrial designs and patents.
6. Ensure the risk management aspects of PLI and its Group of companies covering aspects of geo-political risks, legal risks (product liability issues), financial and credit risks and commercial risks are properly managed and mitigated.
* Candidate must possess at least a basic tertiary degree in Law and Professional Legal Practice Certification. ICSA or equivalent corporate secretarial qualification would be an advantage.
* At least 7 years of working experience in direct legal work in a sales/marketing environment.
* Has strong communication skills with good ability to interface with all levels of organization and external parties.
* Has drive and resilience, is independent and self motivated whilst able to effectively contribute in a team environment.
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with high degree of meticulousness and attention to detail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified